In this fall-inspired main dish, turkey is brushed and basted with a maple-garlic butter throughout the roasting process, creating both sweet and savory flavors that harmonize into the perfect bite.
Ingredients: For the maple-garlic butter
1 cup maple syrup
1 stick butter, softened
8 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
½ cup parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
1 tablespoon sage, chopped
½ tablespoon thyme, chopped
1 tablespoon salt ½ tsp. black pepper
Ingredients: for the turkey
10- to 12-pound whole turkey
2 bulbs garlic, tops removed
2 cups turkey broth or vegetable broth
Ingredients: for the garnish
1 lemon, sliced
1 orange, sliced
Extra herbs (parsley, rosemary, sage, and thyme)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together maple-garlic butter ingredients until blended.
- Place turkey in a roasting pan, and brush with ¼ cup butter mixture. Place whole garlic inside turkey, and pour broth into the bottom of the roasting pan. Cover with aluminum foil, and roast for 1 hour.
- Remove turkey from the oven, and brush with another ¼ cup of the butter mixture. Cover, return to the oven, and roast for 1 hour.
- Remove turkey from the oven, and brush with remaining butter mixture. Increase oven temperature to 425°F and roast, uncovered, for 30–45 minutes or until turkey is cooked completely and golden brown.
- Let rest for 30 minutes before slicing and serving. Remove garlic from inside the turkey and add it to the platter as a garnish along with citrus fruits and herbs. Pour pan drippings over sliced turkey.
LPL Tracking #1-05185678